Welcome to the Login.gov developer guide
This contains everything you’ll need as a federal government agency to integrate and deploy your application with Login.gov.
- Understand our flow.
- Determine your application needs, like the level of proofing and user attributes that will be requested.
- Select between OpenID Connect (OIDC) or SAML protocol implementation protocols. Please note that we recommend OIDC.
- Configure your app. We have implementation guides and example apps to get you up and running quickly.
- Register your app in the sandbox dashboard and start testing.
- Let us know when you are ready to go live and our team will help you promote the application to production. We will check you against our production checklist to ensure your application is good to go to production from an administrative and technical standpoint.
- Be sure to read the FAQ for answers to the most common questions.